This is the companion website for my talk “Testing the Imperial Database” at Agile Testing Days 2021.
Examples speak for themselves, but if you didn’t see the talk, you might be a bit confused about the overall message.
I repeated the talk for SAST Q4 Digital Testing conference as an online version – not as awesome as with the ATD live crowd, but there is a recording available:
Since the database examples expand on each other, you should run example 3 to be able to run example 4 and run 3 + 4 to be able to run example 5.
Example 1 and 2 are independent and only require the database setup.
- Preparations: Setting up the database
- Example 1: High-level availability checks with NodeJS and the Mocha testing framework
- Example 2: Automated tests of database functionality with pure PL/SQL
- Example 3: Identify, correct, and prevent duplicate Darth Vaders
- Example 3.1: Getting information from database to Excel and back to the database
- Example 4: Identify, correct, and prevent alignment and roles
- Example 5: Identify, correct, and prevent salary issues
There will be another example (probably next week) on how to combine different constraints to make sure there is only one boss at all times.